Couldn't find an appropriate home remedy for toothache yet? You may find it in this second selection of toothache remedies. I hope, you can find the right one!
Internal use:In oral infection and gingivitis a boost of the immune system is extremely useful.
Take twice a day for about a week:
- Vitamin C 1000mg and
- Echinacea 450mg capsule together.
The increasingly popular Hydrogen Peroxide
can be used as a mouthwash for gum boil, gingivitis or other infections.
- Use H2O2 1,5% as a gargle.
- Put a capful of Hydrogen Peroxide 1,5% in your mouth and swish it around the sore tooth. Let it do for ten minutes several times a day for 3 days. The pain will diminish quickly.
H2O2 is a very effective disinfectant, but don't use it on a daily basis long term.
is another good home remedy for toothache.
It will stop severe toothache in about 20-30 minutes (in most cases).
- Add a little water to activated charcoal and stir to a paste consistency.
- Place it on a gauze and put directly over the affected tooth.
- Press down very gentle and with in half an hour the pain is over.
The enormous surface of activated charcoal absorbs all the toxins, germs etc.
And now a very-very effective recipe which summarizes nearly all the earlier mentioned remedies.
Here you have the ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons activated charcoal powder
- 1/2 teaspoon clove oil
- 1/3 teaspoon cayenne pepper powder
- 1/2 teaspoon olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon golden seal (yellow root) powder or tincture
Mix them and make a paste, it should be quite thick. Wrap it around the painful tooth. It will generate heat but it's o.k. May remove the pain faster, than any other toothache remedy.
as a home remedy for toothache is mainly used in Asia, creating a relatively strong alkaline solution which may help with tooth abscess.
- Put 1/4 teaspoon of potassium carbonate into 1/2 glass of water.
- Use this as a mouthwash.
- Swish the mouth 3-4 times a day.
It should reduce the pain in a couple of hours.
are loaded with pain-relieving phytochemicals.
- Boil 4 teaspoons of sesame seeds in a cup of water for a few minutes. It makes a strong tea.
- Cool and pour into a jar (but don't strain).
- Soak one end of a cotton-bud with the liquid and apply to the tooth and surrounding gum.
At last, but not least the ayurvedic method - oil pulling!