Home Remedy for Ear Infection
Haven't find an appropriate home remedy for ear infection yet? Are you interested in more home and herbal remedies for earache?
Home remedy for ear infection for internal use:In case of ear infection a general boost of the immune system with herbal remedies is really helpful. Here you find a small selection of immune strengthening herbs:
- Echinacea (Echinacea angustifolia or purpurea) tincture or capsules:Take 15-20 drops of tincture in water 4-5 times a day at the beginning of the infection, but not longer than 3 days. Or take 400 mg (two 200 mg capsules) 3-4 times a day before meals at the initial stage of the inflammation, but don't use it prolonged. Prolonged use weakens the herb's beneficial effect.
- Olive leaf (Olea europea) capsules: 50 mg dry extract 3 times at mealtimes a day with a large glass of water. Olive leaf extract is an excellent immune strengthener, besides it helps to reduce blood pressure, lower blood sugar level and has a diuretic action.
- Learn about homeopathic remedies for ear pain.
- Golden seal (Hydrastis canadensis) tincture: Take 20 drops in water 3-4 times a day. It has an antibacterial and immune stimulating effect.
Read about the symptoms and causes of earache.
Home remedy for ear infection for external use:As you could see on the previous page (Home-remedies-for-earache) the Onion/Garlic Plant-Family is deeply involved in the treatment of ear infections. They're so much useful herbal remedies for earache. I give here some other smelly garlic recipes:
- Boil 3-4 gloves of garlic in some water for a few minutes.
- Mash them
- and add a bit of salt.
- Wrap this poultice in a flannel cloth
- and place on the aching ear
- and fasten it with a woolen scarf or hat.
Leave this poultice on the painful ear until it is comfortable warm (about 30-40 minutes).
Fresh Garlic Compress:Crush a fresh garlic clove, place it in a cotton handkerchief and put it on the aching ear for 20-30 minutes. If an unpleasant feeling turns op remove the compress immediately.
If you can't stand the smell of garlic, here you find some sweet-smelling options. I'm sure your child will like them:
Warm Camomile Compress (Matricaria chamomilla or Anthemis nobilis)
Fill camomile flowers in a thin, small, cotton child sock. Close it tightly with a string. Warm it up (e.g. with a hair dryer) and place it on and around the sick ear. You can leave it on for the whole night. It helps in the case of mild-middle earache.
A more simple solution is to use a camomile teabag.
Common plantain (Plantago major) dropUse a few drops of either fresh common plantain leaves juice or plantain tincture on a cotton wool swab and insert it in the opening of the ear. Leave it on a few hours, if it is comfortable.
Houseleek or Jupiter's beard (Sempervivum tectorum) drop
When you cut the succulent leaf of the plant a gel like moisture comes out (similar to Aloe). Put a few drops of the fresh juice (or a tincture) on some cotton wool, then make a plug to place in the opening of the ear for several hours.
If you are ALLERGIC
to any of the HERBS
or it's CONSTITUENTS
(your skin gets burning or itching) remove them immediately and rinse the place with clean water.
Read about safe ear wax removal
Finally, an old home remedy, I'm sure you know it from your childhood:
Warm Salt Bag
Stuff a bigger cotton sock with salt, close it tightly with a string. Warm it up on the radiator or with a hair dryer until it is comfortable warm. Lie on with the painful ear. It is a nice feeling, ameliorates the pain, but doesn't have the power to combat an infection alone. It is a good complementary method together with other treatments (herbs, oils, homeopathy etc.). You can use instead of salt some rice or a warm water bottle on your painful ear.
Learn about proper ear care.
A painful ear usually requires a WARM application, but seldom it desires COOLing. Trust your feeling! Use only methods convenient for you.
Ear Infection Symptoms
Ear infection symptom mostly depends on the cause of the ear pain.
A few simple steps of ear care can keep you from having to worry about aching ears or swimmers ear.
Here you can find more home remedies for ear pain, especially my favorites the homeopathic remedies for earache.
Ear Wax Removal
There are several suggested home remedies for ear wax removal, but some of them are quite dangerous. Follow my instructions for a safe and effective earwax removal.
Copyright © 2007-2013 Christinas-Home-Remedies.com All Rights Reserved
|This site is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services. If you feel that you have a health problem, you should seek the advice of your Physician or health care Practitioner.