Have you ever experienced the hopeless, dark desperation of a depression and seek depression help?
Do you suffer from sadness, pessimism and lack of interest?
If so, you are not alone.
More and more people right across the world are reporting to suffer from the symptoms of depression. More and more people are seeking for depression help and depression treatment.
Read about Symptoms and Causes of Depression
Natural Depression Help
Depression Self Help Suggestions:
Follow the advices and you will overcome depression surely!
- Lift your spirit! Search for a higher goal of your life and connect yourself strongly to this goal. If you have a high ideal or your life serves other people, you will not worry so much about yourself. Go to church or any other place of worship, attend religious services.
- Keep a journal! Record your feelings on paper - especially painful feelings. Keeping a journal can help you gain an insight into your emotions. Sit down and write for 20 minutes each day, don't think; just write whatever comes to your mind and do not censor yourself. You will find that putting your thoughts on paper will help you sort through painful emotions, clarify decisions, and keep your life on track.
- Go out and move you body! Take a half an hour walk every day or cycle or do horse riding or jump a skipping rope or dance or do any other exercises. Frequent exercise can be a powerful mood enhancer and depression help.
- Do sun gazing! Gaze regularly at the late afternoon setting sun and/or early morning rising sun for 5-10 minutes. After a few weeks you will have more energy, better mood and you will sleep better - it will simply uplift your body. It is important not to strain but to relax during sun gazing.
- Take cold showers regularly! At the end of your morning shower, turn off the warm tap and have a cold shower on your entire body. It has a strong vitalizing and activating effect. Have cold showers several times a day, but not in the evening, it can prevent you from falling asleep.
- Turn the telly off and meet people! The longer you watch television, the more your mood suffers. Studies have shown, that people who watch a lot of television, tend to have intensified feelings of isolation.
- Do creative activities! Any type of arts and crafts, like painting, modeling, knitting or stitching can give you joy and success. Play music or start learning to play a music instrument! Nothing else can lift your spirit so easily - as real, live music does, especially if you are creating it. Creative dancing, like freestyle dancing can be satisfying and may brighten your mood.
Learn about Herbs for Depression
DIET Tips for Overcoming Depression
A good way of dealing with depression is taking care for your daily food intake. Proper food can be a real depression treatment!
Eat plenty of: FRESH FOOD
- fresh fish, three times a week or more. The best choice is pink salmon or fresh tuna or mackerel. They have a good influence on the serotonin production.
- healthy carbohydrates, like whole grain wheat bread, oat cereal (porridge oats), fresh fruits (banana, pomegranate, apple, pineapple, blueberries) fresh vegetables (beans, peas, carrots, tomatoes). If you are on a low carbohydrate diet it can contribute to your miserable mood. Read about Vitamins for Depression...
- garlic has beside its many health improving properties a slight mood elevating effect. Eat daily one clove of freshly chopped garlic. Read about Magnesium for Depression...
- seasonings, like cayenne pepper, saffron and basil have proved uplifting properties. Add them regularly and generously to your dishes.
Drink plenty of:
- freshly squeezed lemon juice. Listen to joyful music and sip a fresh lemonade, it is uplifting for body and mind.
Cut back or even give up:
- Earl-Grey Black Tea. The scent of Earl-Grey Tea comes from Bergamot oil, which is a time-proved mood enhancer. A cup of Earl-Grey Tee (without milk or sugar) 3 times daily keeps you alert and fit. You can put in your cuppa some fresh lemon juice.
- coffee or cola. Caffeine suppresses serotonin production and has been linked to depression.
- alcohol. Alcoholic drinks may initially lift your mood, alcohol is actually a depressant.
- red meat, canned and frozen and junk food, sugar. Regular consumption of canned, frozen and junk food lead to heaviness and low, depressed mood, besides they are unhealthy for our system.
Find information about natural remedies for depression
Related pages to Depression help in this site:
Symptom of Depression
More and more people right across the world are reporting to suffer from the symptom of depression. More and more people are seeking for information on depression.
Herbs for Depression
Mother nature provides us a lovely range of herbs for depression, which are a real natural cure for depression.
Magnesium for Depression
Magnesium for depression? Yes, and magnesium for anxiety, forgetfulness and fatigue, as well. Learn more about magnesium.
Vitamins for Depression
Maybe it sounds odd taking vitamins for depression, but it helps very often. There are a wide range of mental symptoms caused by deficiency of different vitamins.
Fish Oil for Depression
It may sound weird, but there is a strong connection between the daily fish consumption and depression.
Return to Top
Copyright © 2007-2013 Christinas-Home-Remedies.com All Rights Reserved
|This site is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services. If you feel that you have a health problem, you should seek the advice of your Physician or health care Practitioner.