Acid Reflux Home Remedies
Are there effective acid reflux home remedies available?
The answer is definitely yes – there are plenty of safe and effective acid reflux natural remedies available. Some of them are plain simple – as eating an apple after every meal. Might sound unbelievable but apples are the most effective acid reflux home remedies. However there are many other possibilities to ameliorate heartburn symptoms with cheap and simple acid reflux home remedies. As we are all different try to find your own acid reflux cure. I collected below the best acid reflux home remedies. Acid reflux cure is easier than you imagine.
Plain simple acid reflux remedies
- Drink a big glass of plain water as soon as you feel the telltale flicker of heartburn. Do not merely sip it you must gulp it at once. It will wash the acid back down your esophagus into your stomach. If one glass of water is not enough keep on drinking until the pain stops. It works in every and any emergency situations as water is nearly anywhere and anytime available. Just try this basic acid reflux cure.
- Saliva helps to neutralise stomach acid. Therefore chew a piece of sugar-free gum or suck on some sweets in order to increase saliva production. Swallow frequently the excess saliva it helps immediately with heartburn symptoms. This is truly a natural acid reflux remedy, isn't it?
Acid reflux apple
Are apples acid reflux natural remedies?
- Apple is one of the most effective acid reflux cure. Just eat a fresh apple or a slice of apple before bedtime and/or after meals and/or when the heartburn pain comes on. The best type is Jonagold apple, but any sort of green or red or golden apples work. Apples have high pectin content, which binds up excess stomach acid. Sweet apples are better acid reflux remedies than sour acidic ones. If you do not have access to apples or do not want munch on one – apple juice will also do the trick. The positive effect is immediate. Apples are great acid reflux home remedies. The saying is right ‘an apple a day keeps the doctor away’. It is worth to give apples a try. Read about acid reflux diet…
Raw alkaline vegetables – soothing acid reflux home remedies
- The juices of alkaline vegetables like cabbage, carrots, cucumbers, celery, zucchini or beetroots help to tame the acid in the stomach and are therefore great acid reflux natural remedies. Drink three or four times a day 100ml vegetable juice on an empty stomach as acid reflux cure. Feel free to combine different vegetables and to add a pinch of salt for flavour. You can also add a hand full of fresh basil and/or marjoram and/or freshly grated root of ginger to the juice to enhance the healing effect. If juicing vegetables is inconvenient or does not appeal to you, just eat some raw alkaline vegetables. How simple acid reflux remedies can be…
Olives or olive oil – acid reflux home remedies from the South
- Olives are particularly alkaline fruits and rich in natural oil providing a protective covering for the inflamed esophagus lining. Eat 6-10 pieces of green or black olives after meals and/or an hour before bedtime and/or any time you suffer from heartburn pain. It works in minutes. It works wonders.
- Gulping one tablespoon of extra virgin olive oil works the same way as eating olives. It is easier for some people taking one spoonful oil than eating olives.
Both olives and olive oil are well proved acid reflux home remedies and are worth a try.
Herbal teas – great acid reflux home remedies
- Camomile (Matricaria recutita) tea is a time proved acid reflux home remedy. It has calming, balancing, antispasmodic and anti-inflammatory properties.
Infuse 5-8g of loose German camomile flowers or one organic Camomile teabag with one cup of boiling water. Cover and leave to infuse for 10 minutes. Strain, cool down and drink 3 cups a day of cold Camomile tea after meals and/or an hour before bedtime and/or at the first sign of reflux. Camomile tea is an immediate acid reflux help and has long term effect as well. It is just an old folk remedy and safe and reliable acid reflux cure.
- Ginger (Zingiber officinale) root is an ancient home remedy for many forms of indigestion. It definitely helps with nausea and heartburn.
Buy a fresh root of ginger, peel it off and grate or chop it up. Add one teaspoon of fresh ginger pieces to a cup of boiling water, steep for 10 minutes, and cool down. Drink several cups a day after meals. For stronger effect you can boil the ginger pieces for several minutes and obtain a boiled ginger root tea. Strain and cool down. Drink cold ginger tea as safe acid reflux home remedy. Some people like the hot and spicy taste of ginger and they just chew a small piece of fresh ginger in order to decrease heartburn pain. How cost effective acid reflux remedies might be…
Mustard – surprising acid reflux cure
- Plain yellow mustard works amazingly. Try eating a teaspoon of regular mustard when acid reflux pain plagues you. It takes the heartburn pain quickly and completely. It is worth trying once this unbelievable acid reflux home remedy. If plain mustard is too hot for you mix a teaspoon of mustard in 100ml water and gulp the mixture quickly. You will be surprised how fast these acid reflux home remedies work….
Pickles and pickle juice – awesome acid reflux natural remedies
- Maybe best acid reflux home remedies are a few slices of dill pickles or few sips of pickle juice. Any kind of pickle juice will do trick. One or two sips are enough to feel the difference in your stomach. It works incredible fast in 5-10 minutes you can be acid free. Just eat pickles on a daily basis and drink a few sips of pickle juice in case of emergency. Do not be afraid just take the courage and have some gulps of the pickle juice. Later on you will have a feel when you need to drink. If nothing else had helped you give dill pickle juice a try. You might be gratefully surprised.
I am convinced you were able to find your personal and individual acid reflux cure by now. All acid reflux home remedies listed above are time proved and safe acid reflux natural remedies. They are just waiting for you. Why not giving them a try…
Acid Reflux Causes
Acid Reflux Symptoms
Acid Reflux Diet
Heartburn and Pregnancy
Copyright © 2007-2013 Christinas-Home-Remedies.com All Rights Reserved
|This site is designed for educational purposes only and is not engaged in rendering medical advice or professional services. If you feel that you have a health problem, you should seek the advice of your Physician or health care Practitioner.